Do you like Italian Speck? And do you like apples? Here is a recipe that amazingly combines them: spelt berries with radicchio, apples and Veroni’s speck.
- 8.5 oz of spelt
- 2 apples
- 8 slices of speck
- 1 radicchio head
- 3 zucchinis
- 1/2 lemon
- Sunflower seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Toast the speck slightly in a pan till the edges are crispy, transfer to a dish to rest.
2. In the same pan toast the sunflower seeds for a few seconds, moving them constantly to avoid burning.
3. Cook the spelt in plenty of salted water and drain. Cut the radicchio into strips and fry in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add in the grated zucchini and stir well adjusting salt and pepper. Add the spelt and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Add the apples, previously cut into cubes, and pour in the juice of the lemon.
6. Transfer to serving bowls and drizzle with oil then top with sunflower seeds and crispy speck.