They are traditional British tea time treats, but in our savory version with salami and olives, scones are perfect for a summer aperitivo!
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
- 8 oz of 00 flour
- 6 oz of butter
- fresh thyme
- 6 oz of grated parmesan cheese
- about 2 fl oz of milk
- fine salt
- 4 oz of instant yeast for pies
- Veroni salami
- Taggiasca olives
- In a bowl, gather the flour mixed with the yeast, salt, and diced butter. Mix with your fingertips until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add the fresh thyme and 2.6 oz of grated Parmesan cheese. Add the milk in several stages and mix until the dough is soft.
- Transfer the dough to a floured pastry board and roll it out with a rolling pin into a sheet about 1 inch thick.
- Using 2.4 inches diameter pastry cutters, cut out many small disks that you will place at a distance on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Brush them with a little milk and sprinkle them with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 350°F for 12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Cut the scones in half, stuff with the salami, olives, and fresh thyme. Serve them immediately.