Salame Calabrese, a slice of the authentic Calabria’s flavor
Salame Calabrese is one of the members of the Veroni salami family – it stands out for its spicy taste and tender texture making it perfect to enjoy as an aperitivo item or in a light sandwich. It is a typical salami of the Calabria region’s cuisine, and it is obtained from processed, salted, cured and encased pork.
Over time, the production of sausages in the Calabria region has maintained the characteristics of the Calabria’s gastronomic tradition which has its roots in the peasant civilization of this incredible corner of Italy.
Where to find Salame Calabrese in the large Veroni offer
Veroni offers Salame Calabrese in a large range of varieties:
- Salami bulk, for true connoisseurs.
- Pre-sliced Charcuterie where the slices are cut very thinly, as if they were prepared in Italy, for the best taste and aroma.
- Antipasto Italiano line, with the delicious Provolone cheese.
- Aperitime Line, paired with dried ginger, provolone cheese and breadsticks.
- Take Away Trays where Salame Calabrese it is paired with provolone cheese or with the other Salami variaties like Salame Milano and Salame Toscano.
- The practical and tasty Snack Line with provolone cheese and breadsticks.
- The yummy Cracker Cut Salami Line.
Mini cakes with Calabrese salami and sun-dried tomatoes
To enjoy the flavor of Salame Calabrese all that remains is to try a delicious recipe: mini cakes with Calabrese salame and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3 eggs
- 25 fl oz of sour cream
- 5 fl oz of milk
- 7 fl oz of vegetable oil
- 5 oz of grated Pecorino cheese
- 3 oz of white flour
- 2 of yeast for savory recipes
- 3 of Veroni Calabrese salami
- 5 oz of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes from its oil and dice them. Dice the salami too.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with sour cream, milk and oil.
Add the grated pecorino, sifted flour and yeast and mix. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salami, and thyme into the mix.
- Pour the mix into 6 mini cake molds lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° for about 20-25 minutes, checking them with a toothpick, it is ready when the toothpick comes out dry. Let it cool completely before serving.