You may be familiar with aubergine parmigiana, but did you know that there is also potato parmigiana? With the addition of our roasted ham, it’s a tasty dish! Below the full recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 35.3 oz of potatoes
- 7 oz of Veroni roasted cooked ham
- 3.5 oz of smoked scamorza cheese, sliced
- 1/2 dose of béchamel sauce
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and parboil them in a large saucepan filled with salted water. Cook for about 10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Using a knife, cut 1 in slices.
- Cover the bottom of a saucepan dish with a thin layer of béchamel sauce. Arrange the slices of potato, slightly overlapping, on top. Add a pinch of pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Using a spoon, spread another layer of béchamel sauce on top, add some of the sliced scamorza cheese, and a few slices of roasted cooked ham.
- Sprinkle with plenty of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, followed by another layer of potatoes. Continue until all the ingredients have been used up.
- Finish with a third layer of potatoes, béchamel sauce, a little scamorza cheese, and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 356°F for 45-50 minutes.