This recipe shows the versatility of mortadella that can be added to endless delicious recipes. Find the perfect balance between the freshness of the zucchini and the full-flavor of Veroni Mortadella.
- 4.2 oz Veroni Mortadella
- 2 sheets of carasau bread
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1/2 lemon
- 80 oz Sardinian Pecorino cheese
- Chives to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Clean the artichokes well by removing the hardest leaves until you the softer centre remains.
2. Slice the artichoke hearts finely and season with oil, lemon, salt, pepper and chives.
3. Slice both the pecorino cheese and the mortadella to the approximate size of the sliced artichokes.
4. Create the millefoglie by alternating the sheets of carasau bread with the chopped mortadella, the artichoke slices and the sliced pecorino cheese.
5. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and chives.