What are cured ham croquettes if not awesome delicious yamballs? Try our recipe to make your day more special! Here the recipe:
16,9 fl. oz of milk
4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2,1 oz of flour
2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
1,8 oz of thinly sliced raw ham
1 boiled egg
peanut seed oil for frying
salt and pepper
- Prepare the béchamel by heating the oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the flour at once and let it toast over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the milk, without stopping to stir, and let it thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled egg and chopped ham, followed by grated Parmesan cheese.
- Adjust with salt and pepper and add nutmeg to taste.
- Continue cooking for another 20 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once you obtain a thick béchamel sauce, let it cool to room temperature before transferring it to the refrigerator overnight.
- After letting it sit overnight, take a spoonful of béchamel at a time, with wet hands, form the croquettes and place them on a plate.
- Pass them first on a plate with blended eggs, then in the breadcrumbs to cover them well. Fry a couple at a time, in peanut oil at 350° until they are golden brow
- Collect the cured ham croquettes on kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt to taste then serve.