Surprise your friends with an unusual-looking appetizer! The flavor of our crispy baskets stuffed with salami, eggplant, and burrata will impress them!
Ingredients for 6 persons:
- 6 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 3 oz of Veroni salami
- 2 burrata cheese
- 1 eggplant
- peanut oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Clean the eggplants and cut them into 2 cm cubes. Transfer them in a colander and sprinkle them with rock salt. Let them rest for at least 1 hour.
- After this time, squeeze them very well and fry them in hot peanut oil until golden brown. Drain them with a slotted spoon and let them dry on absorbent paper.
- Cut the phyllo dough into squares of about 6 cm per side.
- Brush a square of dough with seed oil and place it inside a 4 cm diameter tartlet mould.
- Add another 5 sheets of dough, taking care to brush them each time before overlapping the previous ones.
- Proceed in this way until you have filled 12 moulds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Stuff the phyllo pastry baskets with salami, fried eggplant, and burrata cheese. Add a leaf of basil and serve.