They look sweet, but instead… our salty cannoncini filled with Italian prosciutto mousse are simply delicious!
- 1 rectangular roll of puff pastry
- 3.5 ounces of prosciutto cotto
- 3.5 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- poppy seeds
- salt and pepper
- Roll out the puff pastry and using a dough cutter wheel, cut strips about 2 cm wide and approximately 30 cm long
- Wrap each strip around the appropriate cannon torches, putting slight pressure and overlapping the dough between a round and the other. Start at the tip to reach the base of the cone
- Lay the cannoncini on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, distancing them appropriately. Brush with the beaten egg and milk (without touching the part in contact with the pan) and sprinkle with the poppy seeds
- Cook them in a preheated oven already at 400° for about 18 minutes or until golden. Take them out the over let them cool, remove the torches and Let it cool down
- Meanwhile prepare the mousse: in the bowl of the mixer combine the ham, the ricotta, the nutmeg and blend everything until you get a homogeneous cream. If necessary make it more fluid by adding a drop of milk
- Transfer the cream obtained in a sac à poche with a smooth nozzle and fill the cannoncini
- Serve immediately.