Caesar salad is one of the most famous and appreciated salads in the world. Try our delicious version with mushrooms and Veroni italian prosciutto, it will be even more tasty!
- 1/2 baguette
- 5.3 oz of Veroni prosciutto crudo (dry cured ham)
- 5.3 oz of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 0.7 oz of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- lettuce, as required
- 3.5 oz of sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the salad dressing: mix together the sour cream, lemon juice and grated lemon zest in a bowl.
- Prepare the seasoning for the croutons: crush the garlic clove, add a pinch of salt and mince it. Add 1 tbsp oil and mix with a spoon, crushing and pressing until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Clean the lettuce, remove any tough outer leaves and choose the more tender internal ones. Wash and dry the internal leaves and keep them in a cool place.
- Transfer the oil and garlic to a non-stick frying pan, add another tbsp of oil and allow the flavour to come out. Add the cubes of bread and mix for 2 minutes. Once golden, remove from the pan.
- Before serving, place the salad in a large bowl, pour in 2 tbsp of oil and toss. Add salt and freshly ground pepper and toss again. Taste and adjust if required. Add the croutons, flakes of Parmigiano Reggiano and sliced mushrooms and mix in. Serve with Veroni prosciutto crudo (dry cured ham).