Turkey Involtini with Mortadella
Try out something new for this year’s Thanksgiving feast. This recipe brings together an Italian favorite with a touch of US tradition. Easy to make and full of flavor, perfect as a entree to serve your cherished friends and family.
- 600gr Sliced turkey breast
- 4 Slices of Provolone
- 50gr Veroni Mortadella
- 30gr Shallot
- 100ml White wine
- 20gr Grated parmesan cheese
- 20ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash the slices of turkey with cold running water and spread them out on a cutting board.
2. Grate the parmesan cheese on top of the slices. Salt lightly. Make a layer of mortadella place on top the slices of provolone.
4. Fold in long edges of the meat and then roll each piece over itself to form a closed parcel and secure it with kitchen string or toothpicks.
5. Put a little oil in a pan and sauté the shallot previously washed and chopped. Once the shallot is cooked, add in the involtini, browning over high heat for 2 minutes each side.
6. Add the wine and after a couple of minutes lower the heat. Cover and cook over medium/low heat for 15 minutes, adding a little hot water if they should dry too much.
7. Transfer to a serving platter, topping with the leftover sauce from the pan.