Pistachios are absolute the best pairing for Italian Mortadella – when combined, their flavors create an amazing tasting experience. Try our recipe for a strudel stuffed with Veroni mortadella, mozzarella, and pistachios: an easy yet delicious dish your guest will love!
Ingredients for 6 people:
– 1 package of rectangular puff pastry
– 3 oz of Veroni mortadella
– 7 oz of mozzarella
– 2.3 oz of shelled pistachios
– extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 yolk
– 1 tablespoon of milk
– salt and pepper
– poppy seeds
- Cut the mozzarella into cubes and set aside
- Unroll the puff pastry on its baking paper, place the filling of mortadella, mozzarella and pistachios in the center. Roll the puff pastry over itself and carefully close the ends
- With a knife make a few diagonal incisions on the surface. Polish with the egg yolk beaten together with the milk and spread them over the pastry with a brush and then sprinkle with poppy seeds
- Bake in the preheated oven at 392 °F for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven, let it cool and serve.