For Saint Patrick’s Day, get into the green spirit with this velvety soup of peas and zucchini with a beautiful crunchy element of Veroni Pancetta.
- 10 oz fresh shelled peas
- 2 green zucchinis
- 2 shallots
- Fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.6 oz of fresh cream
- 8 slices of Veroni Pancetta
- Salt and pepper
1. Chop the shallots and brown them in a saucepan with the olive oil, once cooked add in the zucchinis and peas letting them absorb the flavor of the pan.
2. Season salt and pepper, add the basil, chopped and then cover the contents with hot water. Cover with a lid, bring the pot to a boil and then cook on simmering heat for 25 minutes.
3. Using a stick blender, begin to blend the ingredients together while slowly adding in the cream, creating a homogenous smooth texture.
4. Transfer to serving bowls, serve with pancetta cooked to a crisp in an oven at 400°F.