Small and so tasty, the Parmesan cheese and Veroni mortadella cookies are mouth-watering finger food!
Ingredients for four people:
- 7 oz of flour ‘00’
- 4.2 oz of butter
- 2.5 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 oz of water
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- A pinch of salt
- Crushed pistachios
For the mousse:
- 10.5 oz of mortadella
- 6.5 oz of robiola cheese
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- Cut the fridge-cold butter into cubes and process it at low speed in the mixer, along with the flour, grated Parmesan cheese, rosemary needles and salt.
- Incorporate the egg yolks, one at a time, and add the water (a little at a time, adjusting according to the consistency of the dough that should not be too sticky), continuing to mix until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough. Wrap everything in food wrap and place to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Then roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a floured pastry board, bringing it to a thickness of about 0.2 inches and cut out the cookies with a pastry cutter with a diameter of 2-3 inches.
- Arrange the cookies on a tray lined with baking paper and place them in the refrigerator to rest for about 15 minutes. Cook in the preheated oven at 356°F for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned. Allow them to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the mortadella mousse: in the mixer, blend the diced mortadella, robiola and grated parmesan. Turn on the mixer until the mixture is smooth and not lumpy. Add the cream and continue to blend to obtain a mousse.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a smooth 0.6-in nozzle and use it to pair the cookies. Dip cookies in pistachio granules and place them in the refrigerator until they’re ready to serve.