With its distinct and unmistakable flavor, our Speck Italiano enhances the taste of every recipe. Try it as an ingredient for delicious eggplant and Speck roses – a quick and easy recipe that you will fall in love with!
- 1 roll of puff pastry rectangular dough
- 2 long eggplants
- 3.5 ounces of speck
- 5.2 ounces of sweet scamorza (or other similar cheese)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the eggplant and cut into thin slices lengthwise with a mandolin.
- Grill them on a hot griddle, put them aside and dress them with a pinch of salt.
- Roll out the puff pastry and arrange it with parchment paper on a cutting board.
- Using a pasta cutter, cut strips with a width of 5 cm.
- Arrange the grilled eggplant along each strip of dough.
- Distribute a slice of speck cut in half on each strip and add the scamorza cut into cubes.
- Roll each strip to obtain a cylinder shape.
- With your fingertips pinch the base to seal it as much as possible.
- Proceed in this way with all the strips of dough and place them inside a 6-cup muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180° for around 40-45 minutes, covering them with a sheet of foil if they get dark.
- Take out the oven and serve.