Here’s a beautiful to see and good to eat plate – our crispy baskets filled with Italian coppa and melon are amazing! Try it to believe.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 6 sheets filo pastry dough
- 6 slices Veroni Coppa* di Parma PGI
- fresh thyme
- 5.3 oz of mild gorgonzola
- seed oil
- Cut the filo dough into squares, measuring roughly 6 cm each
- Brush a square of dough with seed oil and place it inside a 4 cm diameter tartlet mould
- Add 5 more sheets of dough, brushing each sheet before placing it on top of the previous one
- Continue until 12 moulds have been filled
- Bake in a preheated oven at 356°F, for approx. 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Take the baskets out of the mould, fill them with the melon cut into quarters, the coppa, and the gorgonzola, cut into cubes
- Garnish with fresh thyme, as desired, and pepper.