This recipe is a classic with a spicy twist where creamy pepper sauce and light and savory shredded ham come together in perfect harmony. A match made in heaven? We think so… Try it out and see for yourself!
Ingredients for 4 people
14 ounces of penne pasta
7 ounces of Veroni ham
2 red peppers
½ a clove of garlic
0.7 ounces of grated parmesan cheese
1 chili pepper
Fresh basil and thyme
Extravirgin olive oil
- Put the washed whole peppers on a baking tray covered in parchment paper and leave them to cook in an oven preheated to 250 degrees until they start to shrivel (about 30-40 minutes).
- Remove the skin and cut them in layers, remove the seeds and the white parts.
- Reduce them into a uniform cream, pureeing them together with the grated cheese, seedless peppers, garlic, and aromatic herbs, adding olive oil little by little. Add salt and pepper.
- Boil the penne pasta, drain it, and transfer it into a warm salad bowl.
- Flavor the pasta with pepper cream and shredded ham and mix adjusting the consistency with a little of the remaining pasta water. Transfer to dinner plates and serve!