Carbonara is one of the most globally loved Italian foods which, when made traditionally, is really simple to make. Treat yourself with some soul-food tonight and see just how simple it is to create a masterpiece.
- 1 packet of spaghetti pasta
- 1 pack of Veroni cubed pancetta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bunch of parsley
1. In a frying pan add in the olive oil and the garlic clove, crushed.
2. Bring the oil to a medium heat and then remove and discard the garlic clove. Add in the cubed ham and cook until edges are lightly browned.
3. While the ham is cooking, add the pasta to a pot of generously salted boiling water.
4. In a bowl add the beaten eggs and add in the parmesan cheese, mixing together well.
5. Drain the pasta, reserving a small cup of past water. Pour the strained pasta into the pan with the cooked ham and mix together well.
6. Remove from the heat and pour in the egg mixture and a little of the pasta water, mixing vigorously to form a creamy consistency.
7. Divide into serving dishes and garnish with parsley.