Broccoli and mortadella: the perfect combination for a delicious quiche. Are you ready for mouth-watering flavors with every bite? Try out this light but wholesome recipe.
For the pie crust:
7oz of 00 Flour
1/2 tbs of Salt
3 oz of Butter in small pieces
0.7 oz of Water
For the stuffing:
9 oz of Broccoli
3.5 oz of Veroni Mortadella in strips
8.4 fl oz of Cream
3.5 oz of Gruyère Cheese
1 Knob of Butter
Salt and Pepper
1. For the quiche base: With an electric mixer, work the flour together with salt and cold butter cut into small pieces using the leaf hook attachment.
2. Add the egg and water, continuing to knead until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
3. Remove it from the bowl, if necessary work it briefly by hand, then form a ball with the dough. Now wrap it in food film and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile prepare the filling: blanch the tops of broccoli for 1 minute in boiling salted water.
5. Cut the leek into thin slices and let it gently stew in a non-stick pan with butter, add the broccoli and lightly season with salt. Let it cool.
6. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a sheet of baking paper to a thickness of about 3mm and with this coat a round tray of 9.4in in diameter that is slightly buttered.
7. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and season with salt and pepper. Put the broccoli and the cold leeks on the base of the quiche.
8. Add the mortadella and half the grated cheese. Pour the egg mixture and complete with the remaining cheese.
9. Cook in a preheated oven at 350 °F for about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven, let it settle and serve.