Fresh and healthy, barley salad is the classic dish you can prepare when you don’t have too much time to cook. Try it with our mortadella, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes and grana cheese, you’ll be delighted by its taste!
- 7.1 of pearl barley
- 3.5 oz of Veroni mortadella
- 1 grilled red pepper
- 1 grilled yellow pepper
- 1 handful red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for slivers
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil the barley following the instructions on the packet
- Drain and transfer to a bowl
- Add the grilled peppers cut into strips, the cherry tomatoes cut into halves or quarters depending on their size, tear the fresh basil leaves into pieces by hand and garnish with the cheese slivers
- Season with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, and serve with sliced mortadella.