A classic exotic fruit, avocado is used more and more often in the kitchen to create successful cold dishes. Try our avocado toast with prosciutto and poached eggs… It’s delicious!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 slices of toast bread
- 5 oz of Veroni raw ham
- 1 avocado
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 63 fl oz of water
- 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
- Prepare the poached eggs: pour the water and vinegar into a large saucepan with high edges, place it on the stove and bring it to a gentle boil.
- Gently peel one egg at a time on a small plate, being careful not to break the yolk.
- With a spoon, create a vortex in the water and slide the egg into the center of it. Turn down the heat. At this point the egg white will wrap itself around the yolk.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg white has firmed up and the yolk remains soft.
- Drain and discard any bangs of egg white.
- Brown the bread slices with a toaster or a griddle (or in a frying pan).
- Meanwhile, remove the flesh of the avocado and slice it. Drizzle it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Transfer the avocado to the toast, add the cured Parma ham, poached egg and top with some chopped chives.